W.F. “Casey” Ebsary, Jr. is a distinguished legal professional with a wealth of experience in criminal law. He holds a Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law, where he ranked 17th out of 117 in his class. Complementing his legal education, Casey earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude, from the University of Florida.
Throughout his career, Casey has served in various capacities, including as an Assistant State Attorney in the 13th Judicial Circuit and as an Assistant Public Defender in the 6th Judicial Circuit. His commitment to legal excellence is evident in his Board Certification from the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education in 1997.
Casey is widely recognized for his expertise, holding the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Rated AV, the highest ratings on Lawyers.com and Avvo.com, and being a multi-time recipient of the Super Lawyers distinction. He has also been acknowledged in Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite.
Apart from his legal practice, Casey has contributed significantly to legal scholarship, with notable publications in the Stetson Law Review and other legal publications. His involvement in legal education includes serving as an Editorial Board Member for the Stetson Law Review and past chairmanship of the Criminal Law Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
As an advocate for legal rights, Casey has successfully litigated reported decisions, including striking down a Florida Bar rule restricting the use of trade names. His commitment to staying at the forefront of legal advancements is demonstrated through his involvement in professional presentations and media coverage, showcasing his expertise in criminal defense and technology-related legal matters.
Casey’s career is underscored by a passion for justice, a commitment to legal education, and a dedication to upholding the highest standards of professionalism in the legal field.
- Name: W.F. “Casey” Ebsary, Jr.
- Address: Post Office Box 1550, Tampa, Florida 33601
- Phone: 813-222-2220
- Email: email@example.com
If you or a loved one is facing legal challenges, trust the expertise of W.F. “Casey” Ebsary, Jr. With a distinguished career as a Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialist, Casey brings unparalleled experience and a commitment to excellence in every case.
Don’t navigate the complexities of the legal system alone—Casey is here to fight for your rights and provide strategic defense tailored to your unique situation. Contact Casey at 813-222-2220 for a confidential consultation.
Benefit from a legal advocate with a proven track record, recognized expertise, and a passion for ensuring justice. Your future deserves the best defense—let Casey Ebsary guide you through. Call 813-222-2220 today for the advocacy you deserve.
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Stetson University College of Law, Class Rank 17/117
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude, University of Florida
- Law Office of W.F. “Casey” Ebsary, Jr.
- Assistant State Attorney 13th Judicial Circuit
- Assistant Public Defender 6th Judicial Circuit
- Note, Fourth Amendment Aerial Privacy; Expect the Unexpected, 19 STETSON L. REV. 273 (1989)
- Recent Developments in Section 1983, 19 STETSON L. REV. 1065 (1990)
- “Paper-less Office or Less-paper Office”, Lawyer, Mar. 2003
- “Secret Messages that are not Secret”, Lawyer, Dec. 2002
- “Securing a Cable Modem Against Computer Criminals”, Lawyer, Oct. 2002
Licensure, Certification, and Recognition:
- Special Magistrate – 6th Circuit Court
- Editorial Board Member, Stetson Law Review, 1989
- Past Chairman, Criminal Law Section, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Board Certified, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education 1997
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Rated AV
- Lawyers.com highest rating
- Avvo.com highest rating
- Super Lawyers multi-time recipient
- Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite
- Member of the Media and Communications Law Committee of the Florida Bar
- Past Member of the Student Education and Admissions to the Bar Committee of the Florida Bar
- Admitted Florida Bar, 1990
- Admitted United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- James Carlisle Rogers Award for best-written criticism of United States Supreme Court decision
- Teaching Fellowship Stetson University College of Law
- Federal Aviation Administration, Private Pilot, 1976
- In Re: Amendments to Rules Regulating the Florida Bar, 762 So.2d 392 (Fla. 1999) (striking down Bar rule restricting the use of trade names)
- Freeman v. State, 611 1260 (Fla. 2d DCA 1993) (attacking constitutionality of roadside driver’s license suspensions)
Selected Professional Presentations:
- Board Certification in Criminal Law Review, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1998 to 2008
- Liability and Exposure from Use of Email and the Internet, Hillsborough Community College, 2002
- Legalities of Using and Maintaining Computerized Medical Records, 2003, Tampa, Florida
- The Practice: Everything Else You Need To Know About Criminal Defense; Palm’s and PC’s, 2002, Tampa, Florida; Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Internet Research in Florida, Tampa, Florida, 2001
Selected Media Coverage:
- Matias, K, “The Talk of the Web”, On Magazine, Dec. 2001 (coverage of defense of Internet libel claim)
- “Device deters repeat DUIs”, St. Petersburg Times; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Apr 1, 2002; Christopher Goffard
- “Gun seller denies violating ordinance”, St. Petersburg Times; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Apr 5, 2001